The deadline for submissions is 26 January 2021, with selected projects expected to start in autumn 2021. On 23 and 24 September, it is possible to participate in the Green Deal call Information Day and brokerage event. This is a free two-day virtual event that will introduce the Green Deal call for proposals and present insights and expectations from the European Commission, while offering an international networking and matchmaking experience to forge winning research and innovation consortia.
There are eight thematic areas:
- Increasing climate ambition
- Clean, affordable and secure energy
- Industry for a clean and circular economy
- Energy and resource efficient buildings
- Sustainable and smart mobility
- Farm to fork
- Biodiversity and ecosystems
- Zero-pollution, toxic-free environments
In addition, there are two horizontal areas:
- strengthening knowledge and
- empowering citizens.