Delegates from industry, authorities and academia will discuss and present news and challenges of the manufacturing and end-of-life vehicle (ELV) business. The conference will bring together the various links in the ELV recycling chain such as car manufacturers, metal and plastic scrap traders, recyclers, shredder operators and policy-makers from all over the world. Over 250 international industry leaders will be expected.
The main topics are:
• How do car manufacturers and the recycling industry close the recycling loop?
• The role of the automotive industry in the context of ELV recycling
• New car design
• Best available recycling technologies
• Reports on Asian, US and European car manufacturers
• Next generation recycling processes and equipment
• European ELV Directive towards 2015
• E-mobility: Its influence on car recycling and dismantling
• Recycling challenges of new automotive materials: Nickel metal hydride, lithium-ion batteries, carbon fibres, glass, lamps, catalyst.