ICM has announced next year’s date for the International Electronics Recycling Congress (IERC), which will take place from January 20-22. The organiser expects to bring together again over 500 international experts: producers, recyclers, equipment manufacturers, recycling associations, standards bodies, NGOs and regulators.
Topics of the conference:
• Challenges of the Circular Economy
• Reports on the recycling of precious and strategic metals
• Staying profitable as products and markets change
• Best available recycling technologies
• Worldwide take-back schemes, quotas and challenges faced by OEMs
• How do countries and electronics manufacturing companies close the recycling loop?
• Which standards, compliance regulations and controls support the industry?
• Business opportunities and models in emerging markets
• Where is EPR in WEEE? Perspective of recyclers, consumers, OEMs and legislation
The conference program includes also company spotlight and tech talks.
A large exhibition area with over 60 booths is integrated into the conference facilities, where vendors can meet their clients. Cocktail receptions and a networking dinner create an excellent atmosphere to get in touch with business partners, friends and competitors.
The conference is also offering plant tours to leading recycling companies and various workshops.