Following yesterday’s publication of the proposal for Climate Law, the European federation representing private waste management companies (FEAD) welcomes this new proposed Climate Law and the intermediate targets of reducing CO2 emissions by 55% by 2030.
FEAD demands positive signals for:
- more robust recycling markets, with a true shock on demand for recyclates. A
- mandatory recycled contents in certain products;
- mandatory green public procurement;
- EU policies that shift waste treatments higher up the waste hierarchy;
- a level playing field for private waste management companies;
- that the waste management sector be considered as a positive contributor as far as CO2 emission reduction is concerned.
FEAD’s position on this issue can be found on their website.